The manufacture Haasser Refractory products was founded in 1864, using a small blast furnace for the firing of ordinary refractory bricks, made out of clay originating from Soufflenheim, east of France.
Since then, the entrepreneurship and the willingness to progress have allowed to boost the modernisation and meet the market needs. A new factory equipped with a circular Hoffman kiln was built in 1904, and afterwards a new unit was created, as well as a tunnel kiln with 16 chambers in 1924. In 1956, the overall capacities were doubled through the absorption of a fully modernised competitor's factory , followed by the installation in 1968 of a high capacity tunnel kiln.
A new ambitious project was completed in 1985. This factory is now equipped to manufacture products of a higher range, with high value for money, especially for household refuse incinerators.